Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not Old, but a Little Older

On Monday, I will be thirty years old. I am not an "older" woman by most standards, not the grandmotherly woman I first pictured years ago reading Titus 2:3-5, not a woman who has even been married a decade yet. After glancing at the picture of my husband and myself that sits on our mantle, taken the week we met almost thirteen years ago, I am of course, older than I once was, and I believe much more wiser than I was even five years ago. Not middle-aged, but feeling a little in the middle, I both seek older women to learn and grow in my faith; and I hope to be a Titus 2 woman as I train my young daughters to love God with their whole lives. While I certainly don't have it all figured out, God is constantly sanctifying me, and as I go through this process, I look for what I call Titus 2 moments, teachable moments for those women who are newer in their walk with God or those who have just started out in marriage or in parenting. Maybe there is something I can share as God leads me. I look for my own Titus 2 moments, to be taught by women who have experienced more than me, who can mentor me so that I will never slander God's Word.
Five years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of writing a blog! In the last few years, however, I have learned a lot from other women's blogs. I hope this can be helpful to some other women too. My goals:
  • to share about women who have taught me. Do you ever wonder where all the older women are who are willing to share their lives? Maybe you'll get some ideas about where to look.
  • to write on topics that come from Titus 2: loving our husbands, loving our children, being sensible, pure, being good homemakers, and submissive. I'll be learning as I study these topics myself!
  • Have other women share about their mentoring relationships. I want to learn from others in this process too!
  • Have fun! Any writing I do will be a break from my homemaking, so it must be relaxing!

Please join me in my hunt for Titus 2 Moments!

No comments: