Friday, April 1, 2011

Embracing Homemaking - No April Fool!

This is a snapshot of my daily life. Really. There are six people in my household, and I have a baby wearing cloth diapers, so six days a week, there's at least one load of laundry running. When my flesh doesn't win out, my spirit is happy to be a diligent worker at home. I can look at the chores involved in homemaking with the attitude that God has given me much, and I am to be a good steward of all that He has given. We live in a beautiful parsonage next door to our church. Three years ago, I remember getting a phone call from someone telling us that they were pulling out the old ugly blue carpet that used to cover the floors before we moved in. It is such a gift from God to live in my home that loving people provide for us! Most of us in the United States have great homes to live in, be it a single-wide trailer in the country, an apartment in the city, or a four-bedroom home in the suburbs. We need to try to take the best care we can of whatever we've been given. That said, I will not drive myself crazy, overburden myself, or keep myself from taking the time for Bible study or reading my children books. People are infintely more important than things. I have to involve others in the process of taking care of our home too. I can spend time with them and be a Titus 2 woman by training them to be good homemakers. This too is a snapshot from my life, my youngest daughter putting away the silverware for me as I unload the dishwasher. I want to have a hand in making her a godly wife and mother one day. That's big motivation for me to embrace homemaking!

No comments: