I make it a priority to get that cuddle time for relaxing every evening my husband's home. It is one of the chief reasons our kids go to bed at 8:00 every night. But, if I delay it just for fifteen to twenty minutes, I can get the ball rolling so my next day is smoother. If my husband's not home or if we watch TV together, I can take commercial breaks to do even more. I might even begin these preparations before the kids are in bed. These are my weeknight jobs:
- I either load or unload the dishwasher.
- If I need to pack a lunch or lunches, I do so.
- I make as much of breakfast as possible. Sometimes, this is just getting the ingredients together, but other times I can have something completely mixed, wrapped, and sitting in the fridge ready to bake when we wake in the morning. I might go ahead and bake muffins.
- Get clothes out for whoever might be going somewhere the next day.
- Take a shower. I used to only do this in the mornings unless I worked out in the evening, but it's nice to have this out of the way when possible. Plus, freshly shaved legs is nice for romance!
- Relax! Anything else is extra:
- Get materials ready for projects I intend to do for "homeschool preschool".
- Wash a load of clothes so I can get right to hanging a load on the line the next day. Remember not to run a dryer at nighttime if you use one because it is extremely dangerous!
I'll be linking up to Raising Arrows. Check out everyone else's ideas for large family organization!