Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday's Woman Guest Post

On Monday, I had the privilege of sharing a guest post with Heather at Raising Mighty Arrows.  Today, Heather is going to share with us about a Titus 2 Woman in her life.

My Titus 2 mentor was a previous pastor’s wife.  (Previous meaning the church I attended before I married…not previous in the fact that it was this particular pastor’s “previous” wife!!)  I was saved at the age of 19.  I wasn’t taught a whole lot about homemaking growing up.  Sure, I was taught to do my chores such as clean my room, do laundry, clean the bathrooms and kitchen, etc., but not in a cheerful, God-honoring way.  And definitely not with the intention to one day take on the role as a homemaker. 

Shortly after my conversion, I moved in with my pastor and his wife and three children for about a year.  It was in their home that I learned what a Godly home, marriage, and family looked like day in and day out.  It was there that I learned what submission looked like.  There was never any yelling or arguing….if there was I wasn’t there to notice it!  It was there that I saw first-hand the Mother and Father praying early in the mornings, and again at night with their children before bed.  There was peace and contentment and everyone seemed to enjoy one another.
About 8 years later, I am now the wife to a minister, a mother to two small toddlers, and a homemaker.  I try desperately to do it all correctly….or at least in a way that pleases God and my family.  I long to make my own home a haven of rest for all who enter here.  I long to teach my children the importance of prayer, and how that it’s best to start and end each day with it.  I desire to train my own daughter (and any future ones) how to be a Godly wife, mother, and homemaker. 


Heather joyfully works alongside her husband as they embark on a church-planting ministry in a small church in their community.  They have two toddlers, age 3 and under that keep them very busy.   Heather loves the Lord and her family with all of her heart and longs for the day her children come to know Christ as their personal Saviour!

Thanks so much, Heather!  I've enjoyed this week with you!

If anyone else would be interested in sharing, please e-mail me at clintandlauren@live.com.

No comments: